Health & Fitness Strategy Session
Your Energy is Precious.
Hello Hello! I’m Michelle, a highly knowledgeable fitness professional with a Master's Degree in Exercise Science and credentials in personal training, clinical exercise physiology, barre, corrective exercise, and diabetes care.
I’m here to help you make sure your actions will get you closer to achieving your goal.
When you start taking action toward any goal, it's completely natural to wonder
"Will this work?" ... “I hope this works.” ... or even “This better work.”
Congratulations, you’re human! These feelings are all too common, especially when it comes to health and fitness goals.
That’s where the Health and Fitness Strategy Session comes in.
Because here’s the thing...Not all exercise strategies will get you to the same end result.
- Movement in all its forms is great for overall health and well-being.
- Improving heart and lung health requires a very different plan than improving muscle strength, which depends on your current health and physical activity especially.
- Best practices for weight loss require a multidimensional approach of fitness, nutrition, and mindset that needs to be regularly reviewed and adjusted over time.
- Ideally, even the fitness component of weight loss is also multidimensional with a combination of cardio and strength training that evolves over time.
That’s why you need to take the right actions to go with your goals.
The Health & Fitness Strategy Session offers you a way to ensure that it’s all aligned.
Plus, I’ll gently ask deeper questions to help figure out the mental speed bumps you may be encountering along the way.
I’m an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer and Clinical Exercise Physiologist, a Corrective Exercise Instructor with group fitness experience in Barre, ZUMBA, BODYPUMP, Metabolic Effect Bootcamps, and even pole dancing. I have my bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Exercise Science, have published metabolism research papers, and have a Level 2 Certificate as a Diabetes Care and Education Specialist. Thanks to Type 1 Diabetes and food sensitivities, I also know more about nutrition than the average bear (and barre class attendee.)
This Health and Fitness Strategy Session is perfect for you if you:
- don't know where to start,
- want to be sure you are on the right track,
- want to simplify a plan that you found interesting but think it’s too complicated, OR
- need to troubleshoot your current plan of action because it isn’t getting you the results you thought it would.
Here's what to expect in the Health and Fitness Strategy Session.
- Get 1 on 1 support from me, Michelle Stevens. And while I’ve got all the credentials and certifications, my clients often say that I’m down-to-earth, calming and that my sessions are like talking to a knowledgeable and supportive friend who knows how to explain science in everyday language.
- My diverse background in health and fitness means that I’m not invested in you using any particular approach except for those that make sense for you and your life.
- I won’t push a particular fitness trend or meal plan during your session. I’ll simply make suggestions of what is likely to work well for you and your goals.
- My goal is to support you in creating a plan that gets you moving and increasing your physical activity from your current activity level. Sometimes workout plans involve more self-care and sleep than traditional fitness to support metabolism. That's ok.
If you have chronic illness or burnout, you're in good hands.
I have recovered from burnout and I am a Type 1 Diabetic with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, food sensitivities, asthma, and allergies. I have first-hand, lived experience of what it's like to attempt to plan life around multiple diagnoses.
- 1-hour session over Zoom to review your goals and create a plan of action.
- Fitness and stress-relieving self-care are my specialties.
- We can also discuss some nutrition options for you.
- I can review the pros and cons of nutrition plans that you might be interested in but will not be drafting a meal plan for you. Honestly, that is best done by a Registered Dietician.
- Personally, I follow a gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free diet. I think carbs are great and give myself insulin accordingly to manage my blood sugar.
- A personalized follow-up email with resources mentioned in the call created by me or other experts within 24 hours of the session.
- A recording and transcript of the call for your continued reference.
- For a week following our session, you’ll have the ability to ask clarifying questions via email or Voxer (for audio and text message fans.)
- In the week following our session, I’ll follow up with you in the method of your choosing (email, social media, or Voxer) to cheer you on, celebrate your progress, and/or provide friendly nudges as needed.
All this for a 1-time payment of $150.
If you’re interested in a strategy session, you can secure your appointment below.
To get secure your session, use the form below.
Scheduling your appointment, signing a contract (clarifying that I'm not a doctor or Registered Dietician), paying for your session, and completing an optional (but super helpful) questionnaire are taken care of all at once.